Monday, January 13, 2020

Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty & Illus by David Roberts


Somehow, I had never really read any of these books. I heard all the great things about them, but I somehow never saw one in the library or bookstore to pick it up and look at it. 

They are fun little STEM related books!


In rhyming text and adorable illustrations, we learn the store of little Ada Marie, who "said not a word till the day she turned three."

I am not always a fan of rhyming text, but this text works. 


Her first word was "Why?" 

I love the brother and his tattling, pointing finger. 


Once she started asking, she didn't stop. 


Her family tried hard, but it was difficult to keep up with her questions.


Even at school Ada was always questioning and wondering.

I love this illustration!! 


Then she moved on to smell experiments


But her family had to put their foot down about something. 


She was sent to time out. 

Doesn't her mother have the grooviest fashion sense? 


When they came out to see if Ada had reconsidered her behavior, they found their hall covered in her musings, diagrams, and questions. 


I love that they support Ada in her endeavors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment