Thursday, October 26, 2017

Yellow Time by Lauren Stringer


I got this book in the library last year and I wasn't sure how I felt about it. It is about fall, but it seemed almost too simplistic. 

However, I have since decided I like it. A lot. I don't know what was the matter with last year me. 


Our yellow time is coming to an end here. We had a gusty wind the other day that took a lot of the leaves off--starting to look a lot like November! 



While we do have a lot of yellow, but other colors too. 


It has been weird warm, but also beautiful this fall!


But back to the book! 


I love books about nature. 


And kids that are happy in nature!


And this kid is reading books while in nature. 

Swoon!


The wind! 


Blowing every which way


Shower of yellow


I love all the visual movement in this book! 


I feel like it captures that feeling you get when you are walking along, thinking of things and all the sudden the wind comes up and the leaves are all swirling around you. And you have to stop and look and feel because it is just so magical. 


I ALWAYS tried to press leaves. But it never really worked out well. Generally I forgot about them for a few years until someone opened up the book and said what are all these brown crumbles? 

Whoopsie! 

But I still always wanted to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment