Wednesday, March 21, 2018

My Friend Isabelle by Eliza Woloson & Illus by Bryan Gough


Today is National Down's Syndrome Day! I saw this book in the library a few weeks ago and brought it home because it was so cute. After reading it, I realized it was about a little girl with Down's Syndrome. 

It is such a delightful little book. And it was written by the mother of a little girl, Isabelle, with Down's in Colorado, which makes it even more delightful! 


The illustrations are so dear and sweet. 


I like all the bright clear colors.


Charlie and Isabelle are good friends that are not the same. 

Charlie is tall, Isabelle is short. 


Isabelle is a little slower on her feet. 


One of the reasons I love this book is that it doesn't talk about Down's Syndrome. In a book for older kids, a discussion of Down's would be great, but for a younger age, it would be useless words. This book just focuses on things young children would notice and understand. 




As a Down's mother, I adore the message this book sends. 

We are all different, but being different can make things interesting and fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment