Monday, January 7, 2019

Bears are Sleeping by Yulya & Illus by Nonny Hogragian


This is simply the most charming wee little book I have seen in ages. 

It was in the little book section of the Lake Placid Library. I love the little book section. Every time I go, I check out half the books. 


Delicate and airy illustrations



And this isn't even a story! It is a song. The whole entire book is music notes. 

I played it on the piano, because duh... how else will I know how to sing it? And it is a wandery, slightly minor tune that seems so gentle and yearning. 

And do you see that fancy castle in the background? It is a Russian castle of course. Because look at the words--"I will sing for you my russian lullaby."


How adorable is a tiny little watercolor singing book? 


The lyrics are not too complex--bears and many other animals are sleeping. 


Snow is piling high


And there is the Russian castle again. 

Such a quirky little book! Totally made my week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment