Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Santa Claus in Comin' to Town Illustrated by Steven Kellogg


Steven Kellogg was one of my favorite illustrators as a kid. He was a superstar of kids books in the 80's-90's. Or at least of MY 1980's and 90's. 

Although he is not quite as popular as he once was, he is still illustrating books in his own intense way.


There is just so much detail in his pictures! 


Green and red spotted giraffes? Of course!



A little bear is the one who visited Santa, so he is the one telling the kiddies Santa is coming. 




This song has always seemed slightly stalkerish (does Santa have a spy cam on me?) but I still like it. And Kellogg's pictures make it delightful. 



I actually didn't even know this part of the song (I leaned pretty heavily on the chorus as a kid) but I have quickly embraced it. Because... Scandinavian decorated elephants. 


The stars! 


Isn't it all so marvelously over the top? 


All those little compartments




Ahhhh.... the joys of Christmas morning!

 At least in Kellogg books. Because I never received a unicorn rocking horse for Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment