Monday, July 9, 2018

A Cow's Alfalfa-bet by Woody Jackson


Growing  up as a dairy farmer's daughter in the 1990's, Woody Jackson was kind of everything. We had t-shirts with his art, mugs with his art, and prints of his art. 

When I grew up enough to get nostalgic for this kind of thing, I discovered that he had a few kids books of his art. Must. Buy. 

Most people probably know him as the artist for Ben and Jerry's ice cream, but to us, he was a kind of chronicler of our cows and farm. Unfortunately we didn't have quite the mountains that Vermont does for a backdrop, but still, a northern dairy farm was pretty much us.  


This is an alphabet book, so for each letter there is an illustrated picture. 


Color is a big part of the appeal in his art. 



Oh the moon on summer nights...!



Bright yellow barns? Why not? 



There is no plot, but I LOVE THIS BOOK. 

This is one kids book that I will probably always have on my shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment