Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Cozy Book by Mary Ann Hoberman & Illus by Betty Fraser


This book is splendid! My sister, a cozy aficionado gave this to me a year ago to read, but somehow, it went into the to-read pile and never got read. 

I picked it up yesterday and fell in love. 


Betty Fraser also illustrated Hoberman's A House is a House For Me, which I have long adored, so I wasn't particularly surprised I loved this--just surprised I hadn't already read it. 


Look at the detail for just the copyright page....! 


When you wake up bright and early
In your roasty, toasty bed
With your covers wrapped around you
and your pillow on your head
And you peek out at the morning
That's a cozy kind of way
To begin the cozy doings
of a very cozy day.


Morning hugs.

After a week and a half of vacation, I am a little skeptical of the validity of sibling affection, but... 


Cozy things to eat! 


Look at the brownies in the garden at the cozy picnic!


Cozy things to play


Another lovely shelf illustration


A dreaming cat


Cozy smells


Cozy sounds.

I love the little girl in the top left with her hands in her pocket. When my youngest sister was 5 or 6, she told Mom that a day when you can keep your hands in your pockets is a good kind of day. 

Pockets are cozy.


Love the way the babble of sounds is illustrated here


Cozy words


Cozy places


Cozy feelings



Of all the cozy things there are, 
the coziest is bed.
Just curl up snug and shut the light.

And where ever 2019 brings you, I hope it brings you a lovely dose of cozy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment