Monday, November 19, 2018

My Autumn Book by Wong Herbert Yee


To be honest, it doesn't much feel like autumn anymore. But technically, of course, it still is. Even if we have already had a snowday. Even if it has been in the single digits four nights this past week. It IS still autumn. 

So I am still putting up books about fall. While humming Christmas carols and sipping hot cocoa. At least in spirit. Ha!

(My husband is one of those grumpy people who dislikes Christmas carols in general and particularly before December 1st. And we are on day 28 of the Whole30, so strictly no hot cocoa for me. BUT if I could, I would be sipping hot cocoa and loudly singing carols. Because if temperatures near zero and six inches of snow on the ground don't mean winter, I have missed the point.) 


Herbert Wong Yee has some ridiculously cute books. He has one for each of the seasons. And of course, they caught my eye because they are little. (All books are more interesting when they are little.)


In this book, our little explorer is checking out the world for signs of fall. 

Okay, okay, this book should have been posted in September. But I am just getting around to it. No judging. It is STILL AUTUMN.


I love her quietness and photography skills. 

I was once that kid. My siblings might argue about the quietness thing, but I loved walks and taking pictures of outside things. 


Geese!

The geese around here seem to be just as surprised as we are by the early arrival of solid winter. They are flying high and long these days. 


Trees in fall finery.


Exulting!


After the joy of discovery, our little explorer heads up to her bedroom and lays out all her treasures and pictures. 


Then she makes an autumn book


To remember what fall was like


When winter has come. 

You know my feelings about cozy inside scenes. I LOVE THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment