Monday, December 24, 2018

Coming Home by Michael Morpurgo & Illus by Kerry Hyndman


This book is lovely and gorgeous and.... you should just read it. 

I SO LOVE THIS BOOK.


The focus here is on the Scandinavian Robin's migration from Scandinavia to Britain during the winter. 

But the text---

Come, my heart, and come, my wintgs, 
Fly, fly before the cruel snows,             
Carry me, carry me home                     
I must be on my way                            
On my way.                                           

So gentle and measured.

Michael Morphugo is a rather famous poet who now owns farms that he and his family invite urban kids and their teachers to come live on to see how farms work. 

I want to be him when I grow up.


Out of the forest, into the daylight.
Over the fields, follow the valleys.
Find the river, my river will guide me.
Be strong, my wings, beat fast
Beat on.

Sweeping landscapes and birds eye views.

Kerry Hyndman is a must-see-more kind of illustrator. 


Shelter


Danger


Friendship 


Refuge


Refreshing


And finally, finally, home and familiy. 


These robin facts are on the copyright page, which confused me. My first read through I thought there were no robin facts, which was unfortunate since I wanted to know more about robin migration as soon as I read this book. 

They use the stars to navigate! How clever of them!

How ever you are coming home this year, I hope you journey brings you where you want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment