Monday, May 8, 2017

Spring: An Alphabet Acrostic by Steven Schnur & Illus by Leslie Evans


Ironically, the ground and new leaves are covered in snow this morning. But despite these technical glitches, it IS spring. 

My daughters have been all about acrostic poems lately, so when I saw this at the library, I had to take it home for them. 


This is one of those books that I enjoy, but it doesn't make me squeak with happiness.

 It is a nice, solid choice for spring or to illustrate the acrostic poem form. 


Cows and calves and new leaves do delight me however. Aren't these cute pictures? 


Laying in the grass is one of the best parts of warmer weather. 

Green leaves overhead a
Rug of green underfoot   
And the air between         
Sweet with the green        
Smell of spring                 


Laying on the grass under a flowery bower is even better. 


I always consider the letter x to be the true test of an alphabet book. Railroad crossing works. At least it isn't xylophone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment