Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A world of Cities by James Brown


This is a terrific oversize book about... surprisingly, the cities of the world. 


Each city has a two page spread with limited color palette, which makes the colors they do use, pop.

I am pretty sure that if I was an actual book/art reviewer, I would have a great set of words to use in discussing art, but since I am just a pretend book reviewer, I will just stumble along with weird phrases. 


Around each page, small facts are wedged into the design. The white band around each page is even filled with information.


These pictures remind me of vintage travel posters. 


I have always been interested by this giant statue. Why so big? 



Love this quote.


Seriously, so much reading on each page.


Stockholm! I went there! I went there!

Okay. But there are a lot of orange and brightly colored buildings in Stockholm. It made me wonder why American buildings are all so monochromatic.


Paris, the city of lights




I know I put too many of these pictures in, but they were all so COOL. 


Toronto, our neighbor to the south. One of our friends just moved to Toronto and we now ask her how things are going "down there." We are so north, we are even north of (parts of) Canada. 




And the interesting endpapers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment