Monday, April 15, 2019

My Village Sturbridge by Gary Bowen


This is an interesting book. When I first saw it, I assumed it was a non-fiction. I mean, wood engravings and details about old New England villages? 


But it was made as a work portfolio a young fictional engraver would have sent to a prospective employer. 


So it is fiction, but full of historical detail.

And cool wood engravings.


Parlor


...a supplier of the unusual. Silks, ivory, combs, coin-silver spoons, and even my writing quills.


As a bit of history nerd, I enjoy this book. 

Pretty sure it would be a hard sell to any non-history nerd.  


A stenciled floor and a granite fireplace


Sheep! 


Maple tapping!!

Mostly I like this book because it has sheep and maple tapping. My high editorial standards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment