Thursday, August 24, 2017

Favorite Nursery Songs by Phyllis Brown Ohanian & Illus by Marjorie Torrey


This is a book that has been loved to pieces. 
Literally. 
I don't know where the cover went to. 


Gilbert has a thing for song books. He used to get piano books and ask people to sing them to him. 


And this book not only has familiar, lovely songs that I can sing to him without making up a random tune that always peters out about the third verse, but it also has adorable little illustrations. 

Isn't this a sweet little woodland scene? 


Lazy Mary--I wouldn't want to get out of a bed that had such a cute quilt either. 


Every other page has minimal, black and white illustrations.


Bobby Shafto


I love these little geese!


Appalachia


This was one of my favorite pictures! Isn't it too impossibly sweet? I think my mom and dad used an illustration like this to announce one of our births. I seem to remember seeing it at some point. 


Jingle Bells


I love all of these busy little girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment