Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner & Illus by Christopher Silas Neal


I LOVE THIS BOOK. The biology/nature geek within me enthusiastically congratulates my kid's book loving geek on their mutual cleverness in finding this book. 


Aren't my little snow people darling? 

Yes, yes they are. 

Also, admire my gold flecked white formica counter tops. I keep waiting for them to come back in style... 


Basically, a father and daughter go cross country skiing in the snowy woods, discussing all sorts of natural history stuff. 


An owl above and mice below.


Mouse tunnels under the snow


Hibernating froggies


Pouncing fox


I love cross country skiing. Why is it always viewed as the unattractive step sister of downhill skiing? It is way better. So quiet and calm. 

I love quiet and calm. 


After skiing bonfire. 

I want to be this family. 


Winter is gorgeous. 


Under the covers


And animal-ly constellation dreams.

If this doesn't make you want to take a winter trek, I just don't know about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment