Friday, January 20, 2017

Wintertime by Robert Louis Stevenson and Gyo Fujikawa



Late lies the wintery sun abed, 
A frosty, fiery sleepyhead; 
Blinks but an hour or two; and then, 
A blood-red orange, sets again.

Before the stars have left the skies,
At morning in the dark I rise;
And shivering in my nakedness,
By the cold candle, bathe and dress.

Clove by the jolly fire I sit 
To warm my frozen bones a bit;
Or with a reindeer sled, explore
The colder countries round the door.

When to go out, my nurse doth wrap 
Me in my comforter and cap;
The cold wind burns my face, and blows 
It's frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sodl
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake, 
Are frosted like a wedding cake.

                                                --Robert Louis Stevenson


I adore Gyo Fujikawa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment