Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Mouse Mansion by Karina Schaapman


I found this at our library the other day. The kind of book that would have kept my 10 year old self busy for hours poring over the details. My 9 year old and 8 year old love it. 


The endpapers. My 33 year old self still pored over the details. There is so much to see


The actual real live Mouse Mansion that Karina Schaapman made. The rest of the book uses this mouse mansion as a backdrop for the adventures of Sam and Julia, two little friends who live in Mouse Mansion. Julia lives at the top, and Sam lives in the middle.


Julia and Sam


Julia flipping pancakes. I love all the little bitty details. The hook behind her head! The cute little frying pan!


That sink!


Sam's new baby triplets. 


Sams apartment.
Oh, the idea of making a doll house like this just thrills me. (And wears me out a little.) But look at that little chess set! And red floral upholstered living room suite!


The story line is gentle, but full of deeply interesting little kid day to day life details and adventures. 


That bed! 


Sam and Julia helping out in the laundry. Soap bubbles abound!


Sams bedroom


Sam and Julia out and about, doing the shopping. 



Sweet nighttime friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment